11 Phrases How People Corrupt Young Architects


They are responsible for designing, building, doing maintenance of buildings, cities and structures of all kind. They are professionals with a strong technical and artistic formation. They are ARCHITECTS, they are special, and unique.

However there's always a bad side of being an architect. These are the 11 phrases that somehow bit annoying to some architects.
Frank Gehry at press conference in Oviedo, Spain Credits: newyorker.com

"I don't know why people hire architects and then tell them what to do." -Frank Gehry


1. Architects are engineers, right?

      Ps: Absolutely! O_o

2. I cannot believe you are charging so much for just a few drawings!

3. Is THAT the drawing that took you so long to do?

4. What is the difference between an architect and a construction worker?

5. Before you print it, can I make a little change?

6. The computer does it all by itself, right?

7. I know a construction worker that will do the same work for half the price

8. Are you an architect? There is a small crack in my wall, can you take a look at it?

      Ps: Yeah we'll fix that O_o

9. You are the guys that draw stuff, right?

      Ps: Yeah that's b****t

10. I have a friend who is going to build my home, I just need you to do the drawings.

      Ps: What??? are we draftsmans? I thought your looking for draftsman not an Architect!

11. I think we should ask more consultants and get their feedback!

     Ps: I think your that consultant you mean? You think you've know it all. Study shows that only 2% of the population can afford to hire an architect. Perhaps that's the reason they corrupt new license architects.

This is the reality and this actually happens on most of architects especially on their career start up.
Good luck architects and future architects may you solve this problem through time.

For comments, violent reactions please comment below. XD

Source: Here

No comments:

Post a Comment